Altered Altoid Tin

I have engaged in a challenge to swap an altered Altoid tin in a whimsical fairy in a romantic design.

So I painted the tin in white gesso.  Followed by a mixture of paints by Claudine Hellmuth.  I used a paper plate as a pallet.  I placed a small amount of painterly pink, smudge of blue with a large drop of  Scribbles shiny petunia purple,  I brushed it over the inside and out side of the tin.  I didn't like the look.  I washed my hands and dried them on a paper towel and began dabbing at the tin.  While still wet I sprinkled silver DreamWeaver metallic F/X. Then I took an eye dropper of alcohol and poured it over the over the metallic F/X which caused it to mottle.

After it was dry I placed a fairy Dazzle from Paper Wishes inside the tin.  I found a branch off the tree and glued Sweet Pea Flower Soft onto the branches with some blossoms from my stash.  The border on the inside of the lid is
Recollections: Glitter on a rolls.

I placed lace on the outside with flowers from my stash and called it complete.

I hope my swap partner likes it as much as I do.  I was almost wanting to keep it.

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments


Anonymous said...

love your swap project....really cool!!!
your bff

Post a Comment