Why You Drink and How to Stop, A Journey to Freedom by Veronica Valli is an instructional manual for getting sober.

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Why You Drink and How to Stop, A Journey to Freedom by Veronica Valli is an instructional manual for getting sober.  It is available at these on line retailers: iTunes, Barnes&Noble.com, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. 

As a social worker I have read many books on additions and their causes and the plan for sobriety but this book is by far unique.  I feel this a fantastic book.  It is easy to read, understand and the concepts are ready to apply to everyday life. I liked the stories that tied the point together of various sections.  The chapters I really liked were Chapter 2: The Path to Alcoholism, Chapter 3: What Drives People to Drink, and Chapter 6: The Spiritual Aspect of Recovery.   The spiritual aspect of recovery debunks the theory that you have to be a super Christian to gain recovery.  I liked the idea that you can let go of religion and still find God.

The concluding chapter: Becoming the Best Version of Yourself You Are Capable of Being is moving.  It is hard for some to tell themselves positive affirmations even without addictions.  The reason I have a daily devotion of positive affirmations is so I can be kind to myself. 

Please pick up a copy of this book for yourself if you have ever wanted to stop the craziness of drinking.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment